On April 26, 2014, the Leakey Foundation Board of Trustees and the Scientific Executive Committee met to discuss the recent grantees for the Spring ’14 grant cycle.
Below are some statistics from the Spring 2014 Granting Session:
- There was a total of 111 applications for research grants and Baldwin Fellowships combined.
- There were 10 Baldwin Fellowship applications.
- 33 research grant applications fell under the category of Behavioral.
- 68 research grant applications fell under the category of Paleoanthropology.
- 4 Baldwin Fellowship applications were recommended for a total of $47,100. A fifth Baldwin Fellowship application was recommended but only partially funded for a total of $5,000.
- 7 applications were recommended in the Behavioral category for a total of $103,888.
- 16 applications were recommended in the Paleoanthropology category for a total of $220,114.
- 5 research grant applications in the Paleoanthropology category were deemed “recommended but insufficient funds” for a total of $87,000.
- All applications that were “recommended but insufficient funds” were generously sponsored by several of the Trustees at the granting session.
- The total distributed during the Spring 2014 Granting Session comes to $470,102.