Changes of Budget, Institution, or Deadline
From time to time, our grantees move between institutions, need to make changes to their original budget, or meet with unexpected delays. We ask that you keep us abreast of any of these changes while you have a current grant.
To Request an Extension
Extensions to the start or end dates of a grant require a written request by the grantee or the financial contact.
The request must state the reason for the extension, the revised dates for data collection and analysis, and the expected date of completion of the grant.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an extension.
To Request a Change of Institution
Occasionally, in the course of carrying out the research in a grant project, one of our grantees changes institutional affiliation. In these cases, we ask that you formally notify our office of the change in institution, and follow the following procedure to distribute the funds to the new institution:
- Please send an email to email@example.com detailing: Your name, grant title and the contact information of the Office of Sponsored Research (or similar body) at the new institution. For convenience, please carbon copy the Office of Sponsored Research at both your old and new institution.
- The old institution must present us with an accounting of all money spent to date on the project.
- We would ask that the old institution present the new institution with a check for the remainder of the award. Failing that, the check can be written to The Leakey Foundation, and we can write a new check to the new institution.
- We will need a signed contract from the new institution agreeing to our terms and conditions. (This will be prepared by our office after receiving item 1.)
- We will need a final accounting of how the remainder of the funds were spent from the new institution after the project is complete.
To Request a Budget Modification
There are many reasons why a grantee may wish to modify his or her budget. Our grantees sometimes receive overlapping funding from other sources or are forced to change costs of certain items due to project delays or difficulties. We ask that all major changes (adding or deleting line items or changes of over $1000 to a line item) to your budget as submitted with your original grant application be submitted and approved by our office.
Our process for requesting a change to your grant budget is fairly simple. Simply alter the original excel budget file you originally submitted with your grant application and attach the new budget to an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a note explaining the changes and why you are requesting them. Most budget alterations are approved.
If you need a copy of the original budget submitted with your grant application, we’ll be happy to furnish you with one. Again, just write an email to email@example.com, and we will get a .pdf version of your original budget to you as soon as we can.
Resources for Posters and Presentations
We ask that you acknowledge your Leakey Foundation funding in presentations and posters.
To download a high resolution logo with a white background, please click here and right click to download.
To download a high resolution logo with a transparent background, please click here and right click to download.