Join The Leakey Foundation on a journey like none other. This exciting and educational trip will combine behind-the-scenes exploration of China’s early human history with luxury experiences in the exciting modern cities of Beijing and Shanghai.
October 8-20, 2018 – Main Tour
October 20-23, 2018 – Extension
This once-in-a-lifetime adventure will take you from the bustling city of Beijing to the Nihewan Basin where some of the earliest stone tools and fossils of East Asia were discovered. You will visit the one-million-year-old archaeological site of Dongutou and receive special access to a new multi-acre facility for paleoanthropology research.
You will visit several UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including the Great Wall of China, the Forbidden City, the Terracotta Warriors, and Zhoukoudian, the site where the Peking Man lived between 200,000 and 500,00 years ago. You will see some of the original sites where the Peking Man fossils were discovered.
Have questions? Email Sharal Camisa, Executive Director.
Cost Per Person
- $7,499 for double occupancy
- $8,499 for single occupancy
The cost of the tour includes a $1,125 tax-deductible donation to The Leakey Foundation. Your donation will be doubled by a generous donor.
- Round-trip airfare from San Francisco, economy class
- High-speed train from Beijing to Xian
- 11 nights in centrally located first class hotels, all rooms with private facilities
- Breakfast daily, 10 lunches, and five dinners
- Sightseeing as per itinerary in private deluxe motor coaches with expert guides and all entry fees covered
- Experienced English speaking tour director in China
- All hotel taxes and service charges
- All baggage handling and porterage at hotels
- All air taxes and fuel surcharges