Team Leakey Fundraising Prize
All members of Team Leakey must raise a minimum of $800. For the team member who raises the most money, Dr. Daniel Lieberman will offer a comprehensive, individualized one-day running clinic and gait analysis for up to four people in his lab at Harvard University*. Lieberman is an experienced marathon runner and evolutionary biologist whose 2004 study, “Endurance running and the evolution of Homo,” argued that compared to all other animals, humans are supremely adapted distance runners. The study made the cover of the journal Nature under the title “Born to Run.” This offer includes:
This offer includes:
- Lessons in the basics of running form that should help you avoid injury, increase your speed, and have more fun.
- Drills to help you improve your running skills.
- High-speed video and 3-D kinematic analysis of your running form.
- Respirometry measurement of your running economy (VO2).
- Biomechanical analysis of your ground reaction forces.
- A run along the Charles River of whatever distance you desire (up to 26.2 miles).
- Follow-up consultations and coaching for six months by email, phone, Skype, or in person (if convenient).
*Trip to/from Cambridge, MA, and accommodations are not included. The visit must be arranged with Dr. Lieberman.