Trip to Spain & Gibraltar
- May 18 - 23, 2014: Santander, Atapuerca, Altamira, Puente Viesgo, Burgos, Bilbao & more!
- May 23 - 25, 2014: Post-trip Extension to Malaga and Gibraltar
In addition to the itinerary at the above link, the following researchers have confirmed their participation:
- Private tour at the Museo de Altamira. We are working to confirm the participation of Director Jose Antonio Lasheras Corruchaga.
- Visit the cave of El Castillo with Project Director Frederico Bernaldo Quiros.
- Visit Atapuerca with Professor Juan Luis Arsuaga, Co-Director of the excavations.
- Visit the Museum of Human Evolution with a guided tour by:
- Professor Jose Maria Bermudez de Castro, Co-Director of the excavations at Atapuerca
- Professor Eudald Carbonell, Co-Director of the Atapuerca Project and Director of IPHES (Catalan Institute of Human Paleoecology and Social Evolution)
- Professor Maria Martinon Torres, Head of Research in Dental Anthropology of Hominids at the National Center of Research on Human Evolution (CENIEH)
- Professor Clive Finlayson will guide the post-trip extension group at the Vanguard and Gorham caves and give talk on the excavation projects at the Gibraltar Museum.
For over 40 years, The Leakey Foundation has been leading tours across the globe to some of the most fascinating and exclusive archaeological and anthropological sites known to humans.
Leakey Foundation Fellows have the unique opportunity to travel with preeminent scientists on extraordinary expeditions to exciting and exotic locales. From the Forbidden City of Zijinchen, Gu Gong, Beijing to wildlife safaris in South Africa or the cave art of Altamira in Spain, you will be treated to an insider view of captivating locales in the company of our expert guides! Become a Leakey Fellow and join us on these trips!